Heat Stop Refractory Mortar
Heat Stop (premixed) and Heat Stop II (dry mix) are refractory mortars developed for installation of firebrick in masonry fireplace installations. These also have many other uses such as in chimneys, boilers, furnaces, kilns, etc. Heat Stop (premixed) refractory mortar is gray in color and sold in 15 lb. or 50 lb. plastic pails. Heat Stop II (dry mix) refractory mortar is also available in a 10 lb. pail or 50 lb. bag. For estimating purposes, 50 lbs. will lay up approximately 100 firebricks (2 ½” thick) if joint thickness is 1/16” - 1/8” as recommended. For Heat Stop II (dry mix), joint thickness up to 1/2” is acceptable. Be sure to mix both mortars with water as directed. If Heat Stop (premixed) becomes frozen, unfreeze and mix thoroughly. Heat Stop (premixed) is an air setting product, however may be water soluble in service. Do not use on exterior applications or where excessive moisture may be present. Use Heat Stop II (dry mix) where moisture is present as this product is non-water soluble. These mortars meet and exceed all local and national building codes and are good for applications well over 2000° F.
Matrix - Product Options :
Premixed - 15 lb.Premixed - 50 lb.Dry Mix - 10 lb.Dry Mix - 50 lb.
- Refractory Mortars Developed for Installing Firebricks in Masonry Fireplace Installations
- Great For Any Project Involving Chimneys, Boilers, Furnaces, Kilns & More!
- Premixed Available in Fifteen (15) Pound or Fifty (50) Pound Containers! Dry Mix Available in Ten (10) Pound Container or Fifty (50) Pound Bag!
- These Mortars Meet & Exceed All Local / National Building Codes! Good for Applications Exceeding 2000° F
- Non-Water Soluble. Do Not Use Where Moisture is Present